Google Search

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A little rant.

Well it's been awhile since my last post but lets not dwell on that fact. Instead I want to look at the recently announced IPad from Apple. My first problem with the IPad consists with its Environment Requirements. First the operating temperature is between 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C). This means no bringing your IPad to the Desert during the summer or any place where it is snowing. Secondly it has a max altitude rating of 1o,000 ft. I want to be able to use my electronic devices if the pressure in the airplane goes away. Also how am I going to write my notes down when I hike up Mt. Everest? Honestly these Environmental requirements are a serious hindering on the device. My next problem is the 10hr battery life. Come on really only 10hrs? My laptop can go for seven and you can only give me 10hrs? What if after my flight to Tokyo which Steve Jobs used as an example I have to immediately turn around and fly back? Guess I won't be won't be using my IPad on the return trip. However my biggest complaint is the fact that once again Apple partners with AT&T. Seriously the $30 unlimited data plan is going to cripple AT&T's network if enough people purchase the IPad. They are already having problems with 5% of theirs users taking up most of the Data usage on their network. I was deeply dissappointed that Apple did not announce they would be ending their deal with AT&T and allowing other Carriers to offer the IPhone. The IPhone is a great device. However when paired with AT&T it is just a very expensive Paperweight that rings(Occasionally if you can get a signal). Well I've ranted enough.

On another note I am designing a new site for my blog hopefully I will be able to transition this blog to it. Till next time have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment